I haven’t posted in a while, so this is mostly just to update people on my life-very quickly.
1) I moved back to school last Saturday and am now living in a (currently Internet-less) charming apartment that I love with a dear friend whom I also love.
2) M. (my roommate) and I are getting internet a week from tomorrow. Hurray for small victories…like me actually working my way through setting up something like an account with Comcast. And yes, we have to get Comcast; it’s the best deal around that actually provides service in our area.
3) I’m back at school. I’m taking classes but I haven’t started teacher assisting yet. That comes on Tuesday. I’m nervous and excited and it’s coming. It’s coming. And I’m growing up-like it or not.
4) I have my practice Oral Proficiency Interview a week from today (9/9/10) and that’s a big hurdle to cover. I need to pass the practice test and then the real one WITH FLYING COLORS. If I don’t, I can’t retake it for 90 days and that is too much time to wait for everything to work out properly for me to graduate when I’m supposed to. I know that God will get me through it but it’s nervous-making regardless. But the practice exam is next Thursday at 12 noon. So PLEASE PRAY!
5) It’s September. And the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks. I’m happy. And it’s raining today. While I can’t find my lovely purple gerbera daisy umbrella at present, I don’t mind walking in the rain. I like rain. It reminds me of Spain (where the rain doesn’t stay mainly in the plains) and it makes me happy. I know; I’m an odd duck. Or maybe I just am a duck…
6) I’m still knitting my sweater and my sock. And my sock-knitting continues to impress people. I’m not sure why but but I love that. I love knowing that people are just astounded when I sit there and make socks. It’s a lot easier than it looks, I promise. But I guess it’s easier to say that than to believe that. I want to finish the sock this weekend but I don’t know if that will happen. Here’s hoping!