I think that making a list will make communication easiest today. For what it’s worth, today is a good day. So these points will not be angry or bitter or cynical.
- I’m enjoying what should be the final spring break of my college career. I’m at my parents’ house with no big plans and it’s brilliant.
- The Hermione Jean pattern is now for sale on Etsy and Ravelry. I debated long and hard about selling it, but the conclusion that I came to was this: I spent a lot of time and energy working on this pattern. And I believe in intellectual property. (I think that’s required as an English major.) I’m not going to give this away for free because that would be like giving my foot away for free. Offering Anne-Cordelia for free is not like offering my foot for free. That’s like giving you a small part of my personality, which is also what I would do if we sat down in a coffee shop and drank a nice cup of tea together. That is much easier than giving you my foot. And it’s more enjoyable.
- At the beginning of the year, I set a goal of finishing at least five sweaters this year. Well, I have finished two (Hermione Jean and Jenn’s sweater) and I have three more on needle. (But two of those are short-sleeved or sleeveless.) I’d say I’m in good shape.
- I had great plans to work on reading Middlemarch this week. Until I left it in my apartment…along with about half the clothes I meant to bring home.
- Over the weekend, I saw the movie “The Adjustment Bureau” with a friend. This was one of the best movie decisions I’ve made in a while and I really recommend it.
- On Thursday I saw the movie “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.” That was one of the worst movie decisions I’ve made in a while. It ruined one of my favorite books from childhood.
- I need to watch the four-hour Hamlet at some point this week.
- My cat likes to sleep on my Hermione sweater. Well, really she’ll sleep on anything, but she’s spent a good couple of hours on that sweater.
- I got a new blender today. Now I can make my own hummus.
- And now I’m going to finish Interior Castles.