Frustrated Frogging

For the past month, I’ve been working on a black sweater worked in seed stitch with ribbing. It’s gorgeous and soft.

As of today, I’m done with the body and the sleeves. And here, I discovered something. Well, a couple of somethings that caused another something…it doesn’t fit me. At all.

See, here’s the thing: the pattern called for bulky weight yarn; I used worsted. There isn’t a HUGE difference between these two weights but there is enough that I should have modified the pattern to make it fit me because otherwise it would be too small.

And here’s the other thing: I missed some increases in the top. So it really is too small.

So I have to frog back and start over again. I’m not thrilled about this. But at the same time, tomorrow is April 1. It’s like 45 degrees outside. It’s getting to be too warm for heavy sweaters, so it’s not big deal if I put this aside and work on some lighter weight projects for a while.

In fact, I’m considering frogging this sweater into another project and buying some bulky weight yarn to make a new one with less trouble.

And in the meantime, I’m going to work on a sock.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s