A few days ago, I meandered into the free pattern testers group on Rav and found a designer who was looking for knitters to test a shawl and shawlette that she had designed. I had the right sized needles, some yarn I could use, and some time to kill; plus the shawlette looked pretty.
So I volunteered my services, received the pattern, and cast on. That was Friday. I finished it today. And I blocked it today.
Yes, I am a poor college student who really does use pushpins and cardboard for blocking. It works.
I’m a big fan of how the finished product looks. I love the detail on the lace pattern.
So, now all I need is a shawl pin and an excuse to wear it. It will definitely see use in the fall while I’m teaching.
Now, I need to go back to knitting socks. And I’ve got a skirt I need to sew.