- I’m home from work with what may or may not be a case of strep throat. What is clear is that it’s a case of “my throat hurts, I’m woozy, and I’m tired”-itis. This syndrome leads to Cecilia being an unproductive member of society and so sitting around with books, glue, and stickers-and coworkers who dearly love a deep philosophical conversation-is not conducive to a happy, healthy Cecilia. So I went home. And my strep swab went to the hospital labs to see if it “becomes positive” in the next few days.
- In the meantime, I’m eating ramen noodles for the first time since 2006 and working on the second of Katie’s birthday socks. I turned the heel yesterday, so now all I have to do is knit the 10.25 inch long foot. Somehow, however, I always find the foot infinitely less daunting than the leg/cuff. I think it’s because I don’t have to worry about turning anymore heels. The end is in sight…even if it is 10.25 inches away.
- As odd as it sounds, I’m going to be doing a lot of sweater knitting this summer. I’m about half done with my Sedum sweater. I’m beyond impressed with the pattern and I’m sooo looking forward to having the finished product to wear during the fall/winter. I’m also planning on starting a Brennan cardigan in the next few days. Tomorrow I need to go buy yarn and needles and then…it’s on. And then, when Sedum is done, Jacqueline is up. Momsy once asked me when I would have enough sweaters and I told her never.
- I also owe some people some birthday scarves. Luckily, their birthdays aren’t until September.
- Last week, my darling momsy bought me chocolate chai and hazelnut black tea as part of my birthday present. I think she knows me.
- Now I’m going to watch mindless movies on Netflix and try to avoid being sick.