I started student teaching on Tuesday and I started actually teaching on Thursday. After four days at LCHS and two days as the lead teacher, these are my reflections.
- No one ever told me how exhausting it would be to get up at 5:30 am and teach all day. I’m glad of that though because the exhaustion is honestly worthwhile.
- There are kids who care and kids who don’t. That’s life. The ones who care, they make the exhaustion worth it. When they ask you questions and keep going, that’s why you do it.
- Apparently, I’m married. I didn’t know this, but my students think I am.
- Coffee is the nectar of the gods.
- According to one of my students, I’m smarter than all movie stars. I’m arguing that I’m probably just better educated than MOST of them. (There are those Brits who went to Cambridge though…)
- I’m exhausted, but I’m so glad that this is what I’m doing with my life.