- I’m taking a personal day today. I subbed four days last week. Then I spent the weekend focusing on a bridal shower I threw in Grand Rapids on Sunday. And then I whipped around and spent the past four days subbing again. At the end of it all, I’m exhausted. So today, I ran errands, got some sewing ideas in my head, and bought Momsy’s birthday present.
- My Georgia sweater is 75% done. The photo below is my progress as of 8pm (ish) last night. (Please ignore my awkward right arm.) The sweater is lovely. The right sleeve is coming along beautifully. I bought some lovely red buttons for it today. I can’t wait until I have a finished object to wear and show off.
- While I adore the Georgia and am ridiculously excited to have it finished, I took a few breaks from it to do some instant gratification knitting. Both projects were test knits, so I don’t have pattern links for you-yet. But I’m still going to show the lovely things (a hat and a headband) off.
- Back in December I promised that I would read Middlemarch this year. Well, I’m going to start reading it ASAP. And hopefully, I’ll be done with it (and back with a report on it) by mid-March. (Get it? mid-March, Middlemarch? Yeah, I know. I’m horrible.)
- Byzantine Lent starts on Monday. I still don’t know what I’m doing for Lent. I think I’m going to read Jesus of Nazareth this Lent, which would fulfill another of my 12 goals for 2012. But I just came up with that idea while typing this blog post, so I need to think about that before I commit to it.
- I bought this pattern today. I bought it to make the dress, but now I also really want to make the top and the pants. I almost bought fabric to make the top today but the line was really long and I just wanted to finish my errands and get home.