For the third year in the row, I’m giving myself a list of goals for the year. As it is 2013, I’m giving myself a list of 13 goals. Two years ago, I had 11 Goals for 2011, and last year, I had 12 goals for 2012. This format seems to work well for me. I seem to be a “list person” and the blog seems to provide me with a sense of accountability. Last year, I went so far as to do a couple of check-in posts as my goals were achieved and evolved.
So now, here are my 13 for 2013.
- To knit each of the patterns I receive in the Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Colour Club
- To read Henry James’ Portrait of a Lady
- To read Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives
- To become a better cook
- To knit the Hunter Street Cowl, the Royale pullover, the Water Street Cardigan, and the Chatelaine cardigan
- To take a fun and exciting trip this summer
- To get some sewing done-probably over the summer
- To get my own place
- To do something truly memorable and delightful to celebrate my quarter-century in July
- To knit socks for myself
- To go somewhere I’ve never been before
- To develop a more regular exercise regime
- To do something that scares me.
So those are my goals. I think I have some other dreams and hopes up my sleeves, but those are other stories for other days.
But for now, Happy New Year!