Every year, I make myself a list of goals that correspond to the last two digits of the year. This year, it was fourteen goals-obviously. And now it’s time for the annual year-end review post.
- I want to have an amazing adventure.-I did have an amazing adventure this year. I have to say that 2014 was the hardest year of my life. I went on an adventure that was in no way at all what I had expected. But more on that in another post. (Keep your eyes peeled.)
- I want to do something involving the alphabet for my twenty-sixth birthday this summer because I’m an English teacher, I like the alphabet, and there are twenty-six letters in the alphabet. (I also want to meet Rick Porcello on my birthday, but I don’t think that will actually happen.) By the time my birthday rolled around, I had gotten over this idea, so it never happened. But I did get to see the Tigers win on my birthday. And I saw Rick Porcello pitch his second complete game shutout. It was great.
- I want to read Madame Bovary. Done.
- I want to read Dark Night of the Soul. I don’t think I ever did this. Maybe it needs to go on the list for 2015?
- I want to finish reading Wolf Hall. (I really want to do this by June.) DONE.
- I want to make Katie a sweater for her birthday. DONE
- I really want to make myself two pairs of socks. At my current rate, I will have finished ONE sock by the end of 2014. However, I did make three Christmas stockings, so it all evens out in the end.
- I want to make at least five things that are on my “Things I want to make” Pinterest board. What’s even on that board? Je ne sais pas…but I use my Ravelry queue!
- I want to make better use of my Pinterest Recipes board. Yep! I’ve done a much better job with that.
- I want to finish that sewing project that I left at my parents’ house when I move out. Or instead I could give that fabric to my mom so she could make a really cute dress. That was a better plan…much easier.
- I want to make at least three things out of my Downton Abbey cookbook. Hmm…I don’t think that happened. I need to work on that.
- I want to be a better friend, sister, and daughter. I don’t know if I’m doing that. Maybe I am; maybe I’m not. You’d have to ask my friends and family.
- I want to avoid spending money on yarn for any reason whatsoever (other than Katie’s birthday sweater) until my birthday. Ha. Ha. Ha. That was funny, and it didn’t happen.
- I want to smile and laugh more because my seniors tell me that I look sad too much. Well, recently, a man approached me in a coffeeshop that I frequent and asked me why I’m always smiling. Similarly, one of my coworkers recently told me that she loves how much I smile when I’m working with my students. So while this is definitely an area in which I can grow, I’d say I’m growing nicely in it.
Stay tuned for my 2015 goals on Thursday! Also, feel free to suggest goals for me in the comments.