This is a meal that I recently created for myself. I’m typing up the recipe for anyone else who might be interested and also so that I have it again when I need/want it.
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 2lbs. chicken
- 1/2 bottle of wine
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- Two whole sweet potatoes
- 10-12 white mushrooms
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1-2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- Cook the bacon in a saucepan.
- When the bacon is almost fully cooked, add the sliced onion to the saucepan and cook it with the bacon.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and the chicken. Put them in a large bowl with the wine. Set aside to soak for at least ten minutes.
- Put broth into a large stew pot and begin to cook on medium heat.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into chunks. Put in the large stew pot with the broth.
- Add the herbs to the pot.
- When the onions and bacon fully cooked, add them to the stew pot.
- When the chicken and mushrooms have soaked for at least 10 minutes, turn up the heat and add the chicken, mushrooms, and wine to the pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with bread.