I keep seeing posts about keeping millennials in the Church and how to draw them to the Lord. Some of the posts are good; others are bleh. But I decided to (as a millennial) write my own post. Here’s how the Church can keep the millennials she already has and draw more into Her life.
- “Be who you are and be that well.”-St. Francis de Sales, Bishop of Geneva
- “If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world on fire!” -St. Catherine of Siena
- “Do NOT be satisfied with mediocrity! The world will offer you comfort. But you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness!” -St. John Paul II
- “Take away your eyes from yourself and rejoice that you have nothing–that you are nothing–that you can do nothing. Give Jesus a big smile each time your nothingness frightens you. Just keep the joy of Jesus as your strength–be happy and at peace, accept whatever He takes with a big smile.”-St. Teresa of Calcutta
- “I plead with you–never, ever give up on hope, never doubt, never tire, and never become discouraged. Be not afraid.” -St. John Paul II
Simply put, be Jesus. Live Jesus. Trust him. He’ll do the rest.